Jack-O' Lantern Safety Tips
You've probably noticed that the warm Summer air is now cool and the sound of once green leaves crunching as you walk. For some its a time to pull out the fall sweaters and to cuddle up with some hot apple cider but for others this time of year means one thing, Halloween.
Halloween is argumentatively one of the most fun holidays. There's always a ton to do like haunted houses, corn mazes, trick or treating, and my favorite - Decorating.
Decorating is a good time for friends and family to come together for some fun. One of the most popular and easy to do are Jack-O' Lanterns. while the back story of the Jack-O' Lantern is unknown its been around for centuries. Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind to keep your pumpkin carving a good time and not a nightmare
1) Wear gloves when using knives and other carving tools. (Fake blood is scary enough)
2) Clear any leaves of other debris from area
3) Don't place pumpkins in high traffic area to prevent them from being bumped or trick or treaters costumes from catching fire.
4) Don't place lids back on pumpkins if there is not at least 2 inches of space between the flame and the lid
5) consider using fake candles or lights in place of a real flame.