Grilling Safety Tips
Now that weather is getting nicer and the outdoors are becoming more inviting, people’s time is going to be spent outside more. Cookouts are a great way to spend time with friends and family and get away from the indoors. Here are some tips so you can enjoy the warm summer days and without worrying about the fire hazards that come with grilling.
- Set up your grill on a level surface at outdoors least 10 feet away from any buildings or debris.
- Regularly clean your grill.
- Check your propane tank hose for any leaks by applying a soapy water solution to the hose and turning on the gas. If there’s a leak, bubbles will begin to form.
- If the flame goes out in a gas grill, turn off the gas and grill and wait a recommended 5 minutes before relighting.
- Don’t wear loose clothing or other articles that could easily fall into the flames.
- Make aware that the grill is or will be in use. Instruct children to be cautious and keep animals away. Grills take at least an hour to completely cool down.
- With charcoal grills, if the flame goes down or out, do not use starter fluid to reignite the flame
- If the fire is beginning to get large and needs to put out, baking soda is helpful with putting out grease fires and fire extinguishers are good for other fires as well as throwing sand onto the fire.
*DO NOT USE WATER.
IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Fayette County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Fayette County
SERVPRO of Fayette County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- IICRC Certified Firm
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- CRT - Color Repair Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
For Immediate Service in Fayette County, Call SERVPRO
Fayette County Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Fayette County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in or around the Fayette County area. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 (724) 638-3022
Whether your Fayette County home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Fayette County commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: [Commercial Services]
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration